I said I’d do some batch cooking at the weekend and…well..it went to plan in simpler ways than first anticipated.
I batch prepared instead.
Do not under-estimate the importance of preparing certain items in advance!! For example, recently, I have, nearly every single day, put sliced peppers, cucumbers, and carrots in the bentos.
So, I prepared them for the whole week 🙂 Ta Da! Easy grab, place and go to add to the rest of the yummy lunches (I make 3 bentos each day: mine, the bf’s and my brothers’). I also had a brainwave of listing all the items (that I use) that are safe and ok to eat at room temperature.
Current Food List:
– Cheese (including non-processed cheeses)
– Bread, Pasta, Potato (cooked), Oats, Quinoa, Couscous, Noodles (any)
– Nuts (any)
– Chickpeas, Lentils (cooked), Butter beans, Kidney beans
– Cucumber, Peppers, Carrots, Radishes, Peas, etc (most vegetables, apart from Lettuces)
– Apples, Bananas, Grapes, Pears, Satsumas, Tomatoes (all fruit apart from frozen or tinned), including dried fruit
– Quorn, Vegetarian mince/sausages, etc
– Pickles (any)
I do put other items in bentos, but I wouldn’t class them as ‘safe’ or ok to eat for all people at room temperature. Those items include meats, fish and lettuce
If you have any more to add or different ideas, let me know and I’ll add them to the post!
Do you like making lists? I’m a sucker for it!!