Just a quick post today, as I’m on a fast day and food pictures make me huuuuungry 😛 haha, I joke, I’m good, no starving going on here.
So, the other day I made cereal bars. They contained the least ingredients possible and were very natural tasting compared to the manufactured stuff you get. I did get the recipe from one of the blogs I follow, but I saw it a while ago so I’ve forgotten. If you come across the blog and recipe, please let me know!
Box of shortbread and homemade cereal bars 🙂
Heart shaped cereal bars 😀 so cute!
– x2 pack instant oats (I used blueberry flavour)
– x1 banana
– half a handful of mixed nuts and raisins
– Mash the banana to almost liquid consistency
– Mix in the 2 packs of instant oats and mixed nuts and raisins
– Put mix in a baking tray and bake until firm ( I advise using a very small baking tray or individual silicon cups)
I think next time I will make them thicker, or bake them less as they were a bit hard (not crunchy), but they were yummy 🙂 Real flavour (aside from the blueberry oatmeal) and no added sugar. I also think I would use plain instant oats next time too.
Give it a try 🙂
What simple recipes do you love?