I found working out what I could eat on fasting days a bit of a struggle at first, so hopefully this may help some people 🙂
Please bear in mind that all the recipes below are approximate measurements based on what I normally have, and I have not worked out all the calories. I do know that all recipes and snacks mentioned can be worked into a day of fasting where you eat more than one meal in a day.
Please feel free to comment with any additions, they would be most appreciated 🙂
Recipe Ideas for Fasting days:
– Tomato soup – 250g of Sieved Tomato with fresh or dried herbs and salt and pepper (around 80 calories). Avoid the tinned Cream of Tomato soup, look at the calories compared to this one!
– Steamed vegetables and tuna – around 2 handfuls of steamed green beans/peas/carrots/peppers/mushrooms/tomato or a mix (no starchy veg) and half a can of tinned tuna with pepper
– Miso! – either homemade or the sachets of ‘instant’ paste – so good! You can add steamed veg to it too.
– Vegetable soup – either homemade or canned (canned has only 180 calories for a whole, own brand can). Could also have half a can as a smaller meal or a snack
– 2 egg omelette or egg white omelette – could be scrambled in the microwave or ‘fried’ in water. Can add steamed veg to the omelette/scramble (about 70 calories per whole egg or 30 calories per egg white)
Snack Ideas for Fasting days:
– Handful of sliced cucumber (with or without salt) – thinner slices last longer
– Handful of sliced celery – again, thinner slices last longer
– Handful of steamed veg – green beans/peas/carrots/peppers/mushrooms/tomato or a mix (no starchy veg)
– Miso Soup – the sachets are only around 40 calories each
– Satsuma/clementine (around 30 calories for a large one) – oranges would be more calories
– 200ml glass of unsweetened Almond milk (around 40 calories) – could be used as a small breakfast meal too!
– Whole egg, or egg white – boiled or quick scrambled (in microwave). Do not fry with oil, but you can ‘fry’ an egg in water (around 70 calories for a whole egg, and about 30 calories for an egg white)
Bonus Drink Ideas (for new fasters)
– WATER!!! Fresh, clean, free, and amazing for you!
– Black Coffee (no sugar)
– Black Tea (no sugar) – I don’t like it, personally
– Herb Tea (no milk/sugar) – green tea with peppermint is amazing!
– 200ml glass of unsweetened Almond milk (around 40 calories)
Again, please feel free to comment with any additions, they would be most appreciated 🙂