I thought I’d have a goal setting day. What’s the point of setting goals that you don’t write down, and what better way to write it down, than on my blog 🙂
I want to set out at least 10 goals for me to aim for and complete by Christmas this year. That’s not difficult right?
Start up sessions with my personal trainer again – I have only been back at the gym a few weeks (after my Gallbladder removal) and he has been on holiday 😦 damn I can’t wait for those sessions of pain 😛 I will be setting extra goals with my personal trainer, bit most of them are a bit specific for my top 10 goals.
2. Beat my current record for a 2K treadmill run – sounds easy, especially as my time is nowhere near fast (around 12 minutes :S), but I have never been great at running, but I have found I really like it (due to my personal training forcing me :P). This is a goal I will be chllenging with my personal trainer, but I can’t wait to work on it constantly and continue to enjoy it 🙂
3. Continue with encouraging my close family to eat healthier – I eat separately from my family usually, even though I live at home with them. This is due to my fussiness and love for cooking. I don’t often like what they cook (fussy!) and it is normally not ready at a convenient time for me (gym, etc), BUT, they are on a health kick at the moment, and they want to eat what I eat. I love cooking, especially for other people, and they love what I cook (so far), so I am going to continue doing that as much as possible and encouraging them to buy more quorn and veggie products (ends up cheaper than meat!!), less processed sauces and less take-aways!! And they are up for it 🙂 win-win I’d say!
4. Increase the amount of dinner and lunch prep I do – I normally prep the bentos/lunches the night before, so I’m good at that. However, I have decided it would be better to prep vegetables in bulk and freeze them for easy grabbing and less dinner prep time. So far it has worked a dream, I am so going to keep it up, and expand, mwahaha (poor mums freezer :P)
5. Reach my savings goal – Saving is, or should be, a huge part of everyones lives. You won’t get what you want unless you save for it 🙂
6. Make/bake most, if not all of people’s christmas presents this year – Save save save!! I love baking, I love making, and I love giving. It will be a big job, but so much fun!!
7. Read more – I love reading, but the TV is always on 😦 I don’t really like watching TV at home), so I think I shall always have a book ready by the TV for when I do sit down in the living room 🙂
8. Update my blog more frequently – and include many more photos of Bentos and Japanese recipes and cuisine. Also, I’d like more feedback from you guys. I will try and ask a question or for an opinion on every blog entry from now on, so you can tell me what you think 🙂
9. Organise my room – again, a simple one, but as most of you know, even if it is reasonably tidy, a room always needs organising. I have so much stuff, and so much of it needs to be sorted, got rid of, moved and stored. It is definitely going to give me a headache D:
10. Be optimistic – I am not too bad at this one, but I do tend to speak without thinking, and what comes out is not always on the optimistic side :S so basically, I should think before I speak and be more encouraging to those around me, I’m positive that would create an all round happy atmosphere 😀
I will be referring and checking back to this post in my future musings, so look forward to hearing more about whether I’ve reached the goals!!
Goal number 8 – Have you got any goals that you would like to complete before Christmas? I’d love to hear them.
Speak soon x