Just a quick post today, as I’m on a fast day and food pictures make me huuuuungry haha, I joke, I’m good, no starving going on here.
So, the other day I made cereal bars. They contained the least ingredients possible and were very natural tasting compared to the manufactured stuff you get. I did get the recipe from one of the blogs I follow, but I saw it a while ago so I’ve forgotten. If you come across the blog and recipe, please let me know!
Box of shortbread and homemade cereal bars
Heart shaped cereal bars so cute!
- x2 pack instant oats (I used blueberry flavour)
- x1 banana
- half a handful of mixed nuts and raisins
- Mash the banana to almost liquid consistency
- Mix in the 2 packs of instant oats and mixed nuts and raisins
- Put mix in a baking tray and bake until firm ( I advise using a very small baking tray or individual silicon cups)
I think next time I will make them thicker, or bake them less as they were a bit hard (not crunchy), but they were yummy Real flavour (aside from the blueberry oatmeal) and no added sugar. I also think I would use plain instant oats next time too.
Give it a try
What simple recipes do you love?